As I write this, I will not lie, I am so discouraged and frustrated right now. I cannot stand to see my girls in pain and this whole reflux deal is TERRIBLE!!! I wish I could take it from them but I cannot. Cameron continued to have bradys and desats yesterday so they have completely taken her off of all formula - just mom's milk and have brought down her volume to the bare minimum. They are also adding an additional reflux medication - reglan to her regimen. They say it should take about a day to work. I just called this morning (Sunday) to check on her and they say that she seems to be feeling some better just hungry. They are hoping to try her back on some formula tomorrow to see how she handles it. This should tell us if the problem is a reflux issue or a formula intolerance issue. So, now the earliest she will be home in Wednesday. Yesterday was one of the roughest days we have had in the NICU in a while - not so much because she cannot come home but because she is in so much pain and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do about it.
Now to Reagan, who lately has been showing some of the same symptoms as her sister...she has had trouble keeping her food down as well. We are scheduled to go and weigh in at the pediatrician tomorrow and I am praying that we can get an appointment with him to talk about all the new developments. Because they are identical, it is likely that Reagan would need this additional medication. But I really just want some relief for her. I called the doctor on Friday to let them know she was spitting up so terribly and asked if I should take out the formula additives for her and they asked me to wait until tomorrow for her to be weighed. I will be interested to see what her weight is tomorrow and what actions follow.
Please continue to keep our family in your prayers.