Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Well, Seth called to check on the girls and as of right now Cameron is continuing to desat quite a bit. She is tolerating her feeds and she gained 10grams tonight (still just shy of 2 pounds). Reagan is doing well and tolerating her feeds as well - they had to hold feeds for a while tonight because Reagan was getting bloated from not using the bathroom but she has been going all night. Reagan was just under 2.2 pounds tonight.

We are also awaiting a doctor's appointment for Aubrey tomorrow morning. Her belly has continued to be huge even after recovering from the nasty stomach bug. So, the doctor said that maybe she needs to come in and they may have to do a belly x-ray. I found myself saying "Really? We are really having to do this with Aubrey too?" But the good news is, Aubrey acts as if everything is fine...she just has a big belly right now.

Please continue to pray for all of our girls. We are hoping that all will be resolved for the good soon. I pray that Cameron would have the support that she needs (even if that means that she has to be reintubated - even though I selfishly do not want that). I pray that Aubrey's belly questions will be answered tomorrow and that all would be well. I also continue to pray for Reagan to make progress and to continue to do well.

5 comments:

  1. When it rains it pours. I will continue to keep you guys in our prayers. Good luck with Aubrey tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the same thing when I first read that Aubrey's belly was swollen. She's being like her little sisters!! Hopefully she will recover soon and the twins will follow their big sis's lead! Keep us updated on all 3 girls. Congrats on the 2 pounder!!! I remember when Wyatt hit that mark, it got a lot easier. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. 7Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

    8 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 9 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

    10 And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast. 11 To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen.

    someone special reminded me of this very special verse during some really hard times in the last month when I had lost my job and thought to myself, "REALLY GOD?" Love you guys, praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pastor Friend of mine just sent this prayer she wrote. she is a very wise woman, and it really hit me, thought I would pass it along to you and your viewing audience!


    WHAT IF GOD PRAYED TO ME?
    My dear child,
    Bring me your blank slate.
    Give me the choice of what to write on it,
    and how to write on it,
    or even whether to write on it.
    Let me design a message without your parameters,
    without your control,
    without your rules or expectations.
    Come expecting, not demanding or orchestrating.
    Allow me to break out of your comfort zone.
    Erase the marks that life and your own choices have made on the slate.
    I can wash them all away.
    We can start over, fresh.
    Just bring me your blank slate.
    I am the author,
    the artist,
    the composer,
    the inventor...
    Let me decide what I want you to think next.
    Trust me. Wait.
    And if it stays blank awhile...
    that's my business.
    Just bring me your blank slate.

    Amen. (so be it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I actually have nothing to say after reading Preston's comments...Amen to all of that for us all! I am praying for both of you and ALL of your girls! I pray that Aubrey's x-ray will turn out good and it will show nothing, I am glad that she seems to be feeling good. I pray for Cameron's doctors and nurses to make wise decisions for her and that her body will soon be able to work towards concentrating on gaining weight and that is all, and that Reagan will continue to do well and get chubby and stay healthy. I pray for you and Seth, that you will feel God near you and feel His comforting hand and give you a good day! I wish I could be there to help you out and give you a hug, but know that you all in my constant thoughts and prayers. (Ok, so I managed to come up with something to say!) Take care of yourselves! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete