Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Plan

FRIDAY!!!! Friday is the big day! Not much time to fill in right now but Seth and I will spend the night at the hospital on Thursday and as long as Reagan passes her carseat test and she stays above 1800 grams she will be coming home on Friday! We will still have to bring her back to get her eyes checked because she still has some retinopathy that they are watching to see if the lasering proved to be effective in her surgeries. Cameron is now 3 lbs. 6 oz. (I think) and she now has no more retinopathy in her eyes. She does, however, have a hernia that they are going to have the surgical team come and consult on. I guess this is normal, though, and typically they do not have surgery while still in the hospital they will wait until they are older to have surgery for it. I think that is it for now. I will update as we have time this week!

5 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!! We will praying for you as the BIG DAY arrives!! PRAISE GOD!!!! We will also be in prayer for little Cameron and her hernia. I know you cannot believe this day is finally here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday!!!! Wow!! I know you are so excited! Don't be nervous b/c you two will do great! Evan had the same thing with the hernia. They sent him home with it and within a week we were back in the hospital to have the surgery. But it was the easiest surgery ever! Very quick and not even a scar (not sure how they do it w/o a scar :) ) You deserve excitement so enjoy it and celebrate the good news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! I am so happy for you and your family!!! Get some SLEEP now!!! I am praying for you. There is nothing like having one home! I can't wait for both of our Cameron/Kamryn's to be home too!!!! Kamryn and Kennedy also have a possible hernias but they will be watching this outpatient at the clinic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!! Can't wait to hear she's home and see some home pics!!! It's so exciting to room in and not have any beep beep monitors on her...but scary too...get your sleep the night before. If the hernia is in her belly button it may resolve itself. Wyatt had one and they didn't have to do the surgery on the belly. Just the other area. And the surgeon wanted to wait until he was 10 lbs. Good luck Thursday night. We're excited for ya'll!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you both! I know you have so many emotions running through you, you probably don't even know what to do first! I can't wait to hear how it all goes! And welcome to the minivan club...I promise you won't regret it. I don't! even though I said I would NEVER own one, it's the best thing we could have done! Good luck, God bless you during this exciting time! And I'll be praying for you, Reagan, Cameron to soon join ya'll at home, and Aubrey that she adapts to all of this well! Take care! And my best advice for going from a family of three to a family of four/five is...tell no one that offers to help "no," they wouldn't ask if they didn't mean it!! :) You'll need all the support, rest, and help you can get! I'm looking forward to hearing all about it! :)

    ReplyDelete